In 2015, Facebook supposedly influenced over 52% of its active users’ offline and online purchases. This is a staggering number, and it’s something which has attracted a lot of businesses to this platform and others like it. Of course, this makes sense, as social media can be great for marketing. But, it’s not the only option. This post will be exploring some of the alternative options you have to social media marketing, to help you start expanding your reach.
By the sides of roads and in the hearts of cities you will always find billboards. Some of these relics are decades unchanged, displaying adverts from a forgotten time. Their age and lack of demand make billboards very cheap for small businesses to lease. With an advert designed, it’s easy to place it somewhere where thousands of people will see it. This sort of option is best for businesses with a large demographic, as they benefit from a bigger range of people seeing the advert.
- It’s cheaper than other methods, giving you the chance to save some money.
- They are easy to design, maintain, and set up, all through one company.
- They’re not very good for niche companies who won’t get enough interest from them.
The Trade Show
Sometimes, it can be better to go for a more direct approach, looking into ways to reach a lot of people personally. A trade show can provide you with just that. If you choose the right event for your business, a portable presentation booth can be erecting and set up by another company, leaving you to work. There are loads of trade shows for niche markets like gaming, hobbies, and electronic e-cigarettes. If you have a business like this, going to a small event would ensure that only people interested in your products will be there.
- It’s very easy to have a booth made for you which will represent your company well.
- This method will be good for any sort of company, as long as the right event is chosen to match your business.
- This is probably one of the most expensive ways to market yourself. Though, once the payments are made, they may never have to be made again.
- An event will take a lot of time and effort to arrange, and you may have to travel.
The Humble Flyer
A lot of businesses work locally with their clients and customers to get their job done. This can lend itself well to a more direct approach which is much more far-reaching than a billboard or trade show. There are a lot of companies out there offering flyer printing and distribution services within your local area. For a trades-person like a plumber or an electrician, being able to get in direct contact with their local people are an excellent opportunity. Along with this, a flyer can work for broader or online businesses, too. But, you will have to have a much larger distribution area.
- This is by far the cheapest method on the list.
- It’s very easy to set up, as long as you have someone who can design the flyers for you.
- This method is good for all types of business, as long as the right areas are chosen.
- Some people will ignore flyers, making your investment useless to them.
- A lot of work has to be done to get flyers to a lot of customers, costing you more and more as time goes on.
Hopefully, this post will inspire you to start working harder on the marketing methods you use for your business. Sometimes, it’s best to slip into a niche and use methods other companies have forgotten. Of course, though, when you’re trying a different option, you take on a degree of risk.